Monday, May 12, 2014

The confident friend

Back in a while ago. When I was in my school days, a farewell party was being conducted in our school. I was a pretty good singer at that time. So I was forced to take part in the events and I did. So eventually I started preparing for the song that I was to sing. And at last the day came. At that time I wasn't quite well known for my confidence. I could recite a small poem in the stage at my best. So, I was sitting in the backstage filled with nervousness and fear of the shame that I would have to face if I couldn't sing well.

At that time I had a friend who was a very good dancer. He also participated when forced by others like me. We had about 5 minutes of difference between our performances. He was the first to perform from both of us. So at last the time came and he went out there in the stage to perform. Well, when he started dancing, he danced so well that I couldn't take my eyes off from him. Every step that he took, every action that he did seemed to be perfect. It looked like he was having all the confidence and skills that someone possibly could have. Well at last when he ended his performance he got a huge thunderous applause from the audience, which he actually deserved. As he returned to the backstage, I reached him to congratulate for such a marvelous performance. But then he said something that shook my world and brought me to senses. He said "Oh! I was so nervous out there. I hope I did well." That was when I realized that not everybody is as awesome as they seem to be. Everyone feels like you do. All of those who seem to be so confident, cool, stylish and talented are looking at you the same way, thinking you're stylish, cool, confident and talented. But deep  down inside only you know how you feel. 
After that incident, my confidence reached a whole new level. I was comparatively very less nervous. Soon after that, my turn for the performance came and that day I singed my very best and shook the whole stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment