Monday, May 12, 2014

My fear

Back in a while when I was a student, I was asked to prepare a speech to deliver in my class. At that time I used to be a nervous kid so this wasn't something that I would love to do. But anyway, next day I came to the school, all prepared. But I was nervous and soon
fear took all over my body and mind. My chance was to going to come soon. But then I eventually I remembered something. My mother once told me of a trick which she said would decrease my fear. The trick was that, I need to think about what are the things that I fear. She said that only by knowing you fears, you solve half of them.
I thought of giving this trick a try and it actually worked wonders. I realized that even if I got tongue tied in the middle of the classroom, no one would laugh at me because all my classmates are my friend and knows my weaknesses. And I came to realize that my fears didn't have any foundation at all. And as powerful as they seem to be, it was so because I had given them my power. That day, I gave a wonderful speech cause I wasn't afraid of anything anymore. Thanks to my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment